Join our team | Published: December 22, 2021
We are looking for a Product Manager
Do you want to help us design the future of our technology and make sure that our products are effectively used for many more patients in hospitals around the world?
As a product manager at MRIguidance, a UMC Utrecht spin-off company, you will be responsible for the product vision and roadmap as well as organizing, prioritizing and refining the product backlog to steer the development of our product portfolio into the right direction.
What you tell at birthdays about your job
“The company I work for prevents cancer in patients that need to undergo a bone scan. Nowadays, if someone needs a bone scan, radiologists use an x-ray based CT scan which exposes the patient to harmful radiation. The BoneMRI technique we developed is a radiation-free alternative that provides both bone and soft tissue information using only one machine and one exam. This reduces patients’ burden, and saves time and money for hospitals. My job is to design the future of this technology to make sure that our products are effectively used for many more patients in hospitals around the world.”
What you actually will be doing
For MRIguidance product development is really a core process. AI-enable algorithm development is combined with cloud application development to deliver BoneMRIs to the clinical setting. Your task will be to scope new features and together the development teams plan the delivery of the new features in product releases for our customers. Based on incoming data coordinated by the clinical team, outcomes from experiments from the algorithm team, feedback from our customers and prospects you will work in close collaboration with the CTO to determine the product roadmap, plan and adjust releases, where necessary.
Setting priorities, getting requirements clear and working with the teams to get to the best fitting solutions is key in your role in the highly technical environment of MRIguidance. Being able to communicate to different stakeholder types is a prerequisite.
- To bring value to our customers!
- Create & translate product vision into executable steps and tasks for the team;
- Maintain product vision and product roadmap;
- Refine epics and user stories with the teams;
- Organize and prioritise the product backlog;
- Plan and scope releases in line with quarter and year goals;
- Proactively work on process improvements;
- Alignment with Quality Management for certification (CE, FDA) of our medical devices;
- Building bridges between teams within the company.
As MRIguidance is a small but growing company, we stimulate personal growth and development such that your skills and capabilities grow with the needs of the company. Within MRIguidance we are pragmatic, customer-oriented, and we believe in the strength of teamwork and a positive can-do mentality.
- 7+ years of relevant working experience as product owner and/or software product manager;
- Academic working and thinking level;
- Love to work with development teams to book concrete results;
- Experience with Agile software development (Scrum, Kanban);
- Ahead of the latest technologies and trends within the imaging world;
- Able to work in teams and independently;
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with imaging researchers and clinical specialists;
- Fluency in English.
- Life Science or technical graduate/MSc;
- Worked with medical/clinical (and supportive staff) as stakeholders;
- Experienced in working with medical products;
- Go-getter and pragmatic attitude;
- Experience in working with Quality Management Systems in healthcare.
- A full-time position;
- A market conform salary, between 4000 and 5500 depending on your experience;
- A unique opportunity to, at an early stage, become part of a med-tech scale-up with vast growth potential;
- Work that has a positive impact on people’s health and life;
- Work in a team of smart and ambitious people;
- Work with international partners;
- Work in a startup environment where you both get freedom and responsibility;
- Work at our beautiful office at Gildstraat 91a in Utrecht;
We believe diversity is beneficial for the creativity and a good atmosphere of our company. However, Dutch regulation makes it very complicated for small companies to process a work visa for people from outside the EU . Therefore, all people are welcome to apply, as long as we do not have to arrange a work visa.
For more information about this position please contact Marijn van Stralen by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or simply give us a call (+31 (0)85 4000 810).
To apply, please send a motivation letter and your CV to email@example.com.
Application closes on January 31st, 2022.